Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One for the MtG players

So, the recent Standard tournament @ Gargula was a big fiasco.

My monowhite allys wasn't successfull, in part due to playing only against control decks (Open the Vaults, Cruel Control, Ally Mill, UW Control), but also because the deck simply wasn't working (although i won against my girlfriend's Ally Mill and Pedro's UW control). So after some thought, one of my plans is to abandon the ally theme. One plan: GR elfs. The plan is not far from the Monogreen elf's plan, but I though of red to include some burn spells and bloodbraid elf. That's plan one.

Plan two involves something that I don't think will work, but i want to give it a try. For those who know me, you know that I suck really badly with control decks, but I want a diferent kind of control. So I thought of building up a UR control deck. Whip up some counters, find some nice UR card for a finisher and sweep the table with simple and pure damage. Something in the grounds of Earthquake, Chain Reaction and such spells.

For plan three, back to the allys, I was think of Boros Allys, with the bushwacker ally and some burn spells, lightning bolt and such. Also, I want to check out that four color creature only ally deck.

I'll post some decklists here while I'm refining my ideas.

Tips are appreciated!

So sit back, relax, and let me flay your mind.

ITADAKIMASU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment